Business Administration Specialist II
This position works in a shared services center and provides high level expertise for complex transactions, and facilitates advances in service delivery and efficiency. This position serves departments and colleges by providing support in monitoring, processing, reviewing, and approving transactional activities relating to human resources, commitment accounting, and fiscal processes.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Prepares and reviews the submission and approval of human resources transactions, including recruitment, hires, position updates and reclassifications, Special Pay Increases, terminations, retirement, leave cash outs, and additional pay, etc.
- Provides guidance and recommendations for time and labor processes of the unit as needed.
- Works with department supervisors and UF Leave Administration on complex leave issues.
- Reviews and prepares the allocation and verifies the accuracy of commitment accounting for faculty, staff, post docs, fellows, graduate students, student assistants, and OPS.
- May coordinate the employee performance appraisal process by sending reminders and providing other administrative support.
- Provides administrative support services to departments/center and foreign nationals as they relate to processes associated with sponsorship of exchange visitors, temporary workers and employment-based permanent residents.
- May be responsible for completing online Effort Reporting and Faculty Assignment reports.
- Reviews and prepares all voucher and journal entries for accuracy.
- Processes and provides oversight for travel authorization and expense reports.
- May prepare grants proposal submissions.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and three years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Effective Communications
- Operational Functions
- Decision Making And Critical Thinking
- Relationship Management
- Quality Management
- Process Management
- Effectiveness Measurement
- Financial Record Keeping
- Knowledge Of A Specific Financial Or Accounting System
- Knowledge Of Organization
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.