Business Administration Specialist I
This position works in a shared services center and serves departments and colleges by analyzing, preparing and entering transactional activities related to human resources, commitment accounting, and fiscal processes.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for processing all HR transactions in MyUFL, including hires, requests for position updates and reclassifications, Special Pay Increases, terminations, retirement, leave cash outs, additional pay, etc.
- Supports time and labor processes of the unit.
- Submits the job posting and supports the recruiting process.
- Provides administrative support services to departments/centers and foreign nationals as they relate to processes associated with sponsorship of exchange visitors, temporary workers and employment-based permanent residents.
- Responsible for accounts payable/journal analysis and creation in MyUfl.
- Serves as the accounts payable and journal resource to customers.
- May assist in grant proposal preparation.
- Serves as a resource to customers.
- May analyze, reconcile and approve Pcard charges for units.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
- Effective Communications
- Business Math
- Coaching Others
- Decision Making And Critical Thinking
- Effectiveness Measurement
- Financial Record Keeping
- Human Resources Policies, Strategies And Environment
- Knowledge Of A Specific Financial Or Accounting System
- Knowledge Of Organization
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.