IT Vendor Management/Procurement Analyst
This intermediate level position is responsible for successful vendor management and procurement of IT infrastructure.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Serves as a liaison between IT technical teams and resource managers (IT management, BC, and UF)
- Executes and reviews vendor contracts
- Participates in the selection and implementation of IT supplier sourcing strategies.
- Solicits, receives and analyzes proposals, quotations and tender submissions and recommends selection of suppliers.
- Maintains relationships with vendor contacts, resolves complaints and reports status of the relationship to senior management.
- Monitors vendor compliance with contractual obligations and measures performance based on company criteria.
- Updates and administers asset databases, tracking life cycle of all assets.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one year of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Business Process Design
- Contracts Management & Administration
- Effectiveness Measurement
- IT Industry: Trends & Directions
- Performance Management
- Product And Vendor Evaluation
- Quality Management
- Relationship Management
- RFP (Request For Proposal)
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.