Provides lead or expert level professional financial support. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions and best practices. Solves complex problems requiring considerable depth and breadth of experience and expertise.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Oversees the preparation and distribution of various University reports for internal and external reporting purposes.
- Manages specific university-wide fiscal functions, such as the UF chart of accounts, capitalization and fixed asset accounting, or student financials’ structure.
- Provides fiscal management for a college or department with large and complex operations.
- Develops detailed rate or payment structures.
- Develops policies, procedures, and accounting systems for university- or college-wide utilization.
- Oversees and ensures compliance with federal, state, university, and sponsoring agency regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Serves as a fiscal/accounting resource for fund administrators, deans, directors, and UF Foundation and UF staff, and interprets fiscal/accounting policies and regulations.
- May represent the university or serve as liaison to external agencies, such as the State Auditor General.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and six or more years of experience
Licensure and Certification
Certified Public Accountant certification may be required.
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Problem Solving
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Financial And Accounting Systems
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Financial Record Keeping
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Business Math
- Managing Expenses And Finances
- Knowledge Of A Specific Financial Or Accounting System
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.