Fiscal Assistant III
Provides third level accounts/fiscal support or as expert accounts paraprofessional. Adheres to and interprets University financial policy and procedures. Responsible for complex and difficult calculations, collection, or verification of financial data and processing of account transactions. Functions fairly independently in tasks. Serves as a resource for other accounts staff or has responsibility for unit account operations.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Researches, analyzes, and resolves complex accounts transaction problems.
- Classifies, records, and summarizes numerical and financial data.
- Processes personnel transactions and payroll documents.
- Reconciles or approves purchasing transactions.
- Operates 10-key calculators, typewriters, scanners, and copy machines to perform calculations, produce documents, or scan documents.
- Prepares and audits financial reports and records.
- Interprets, explains and applies complex policies and procedures.
- Develops and monitors budgets.
- Develops, evaluates, modifies and implements processes or systems relating to accounts or fiscal matters.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and five years of general accounts transaction experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Decision Making And Critical Thinking
- Financial Record Keeping
- Financial And Accounting Systems
- Knowledge Of A Specific Financial Or Accounting System
- Operational Functions
- Budget Management
- Accounts Payable (A-P)
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.