Knowledge of an organization’s internal audit processes, practices and methods; ability to perform audits to ensure organizational compliance.
Describes the basic concepts of auditing.
Clarifies the major responsibilities of the auditors and audit function.
Explains the financial audit process and major components.
Identifies the basic tools used for maintaining audit information.
Participates in audits of specific processes or functions.
Documents established audit processes, practices and procedures.
Assists in preparing audit reports.
Implements internal and external audit requirements for a specific business activity.
Evaluates the internal controls being used in a given business process.
Works with a variety of audit methods, tools and techniques.
Designs, develops and implements compliance testing criteria and tools.
Compares and contrasts alternative audit strategies or approaches for diverse situations.
Develops and presents reports on audit findings and recommendations.
Facilitates preparation for and execution of external audits.
Ensures compliance with current government and industry audit practices and requirements.
Leads a variety of diverse audit functions and services.
Validates enterprise-level internal and external audits.
Predicts industry trends and developments regarding the effectiveness of audit practices.
Evaluates alignment of industry-standard audit processes and practices against organization's business goals.
Participates in defining global internal audit practices.
Plays a leadership role in the Institute of Internal Auditors or similar organization.
- Tell me about an audit project or task that you think was very successful. What about that particular project stands out?
- How did you communicate with key persons in the audit project and gain their support?
- Tell me about a successful but challenging audit project you were involved in.
- Tell me about the advantages and disadvantages of the audit policies, processes, or procedures in your previous organization.
- How did you respond to changing audit criteria within your company or industry?