Senior Internal Auditor I
Perform a range of audit tasks and special projects in diverse and complex operational and functional areas.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Plans and performs complex operational and financial audits, internal control reviews, management advisory services, investigations and other projects; responsible for budgetary control of work hours spent on audit engagements.
- Serves as team leader for intermediate projects undertaken by the OIA, including presentation of findings in exit conferences.
- Collects and analyzes data, performs audit testing, develops and administers surveys, conducts interviews, identifies internal control weaknesses and opportunities for operational improvement, and uses professional judgment in formulating conclusions.
- Prepares workpapers in accordance with International Standards of Institute of Internal Auditors
- Participates in entrance and exit conferences with audit clients and performs follow-up reviews and other duties, as assigned.
- Interprets the policies of the University of Florida, Board of Trustees, other state agencies, federal government and other agencies in relation to the performance of audit duties.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and three years of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
- Audit And Compliance Function
- Financial Process Documentation
- Internal Controls
- Fraud Management
- Data Gathering And Reporting
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Risk Management
- Process Management
- Problem Solving
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.