Financial Risk Management
Knowledge of tools, techniques, and strategies applied in financial risk management; the ability to quantify, qualify, and manage financial risk.
Describes basic concepts of risk management.
Identifies key factors to consider in financial risk management.
Recognizes types of risk relevant to the organization.
Describes types of rewards relevant to the organization.
Assists in development of a risk assessment.
Implements a specific approach or methodology for risk assessment.
Analyzes risk and reward factors in a specific application.
Resolves common financial problems with risk assessment techniques.
Researches specific risk and reward situations or scenarios that could benefit the organization.
Consults on a variety of risk assessment approaches and applications.
Recommends risk assessment procedures and techniques based on organizational need.
Advises others on a variety of risk and reward factors and their relationships.
Evaluates the benefits and drawbacks of alternative risk management approaches.
Updates and implements improvements to risk assessment and management methods.
Evaluates, recommends, and justifies optimum risk management scenarios.
Designs and implements various types of risk management processes.
Develops policy, strategy, and best practices for measurement and management of risk.
Develops alternative risk and effectiveness measurement approaches.
Champions the use of new risk management approaches and tools.
Leads discussions on industry-specific and state-of-the-art risk management methods and models.
Predicts future trends of risk assessment and management.
- How would you implement financial risk management within your business unit?
- How do you explain financial risks to employees or stakeholders who do not understand or who underestimate the impact?
- Describe a few effective and ineffective risk management practices you have had experience with in the past.
- Tell me about a time you were involved in a financial risk and what was the outcome?
- Describe the benefits and drawbacks of various risk management approaches.