Knowledge of and ability to create, implement, evaluate and enhance processes in internal controls.
Lists the specific internal controls that are being used within the organization.
Explains the rationale behind having proper internal controls in place.
Identifies specific governmental regulations that mandate particular internal controls.
Names specific aspects within the organization's business where internal controls are required.
Participates in the testing, review and analysis of existing internal controls.
Completes, files and maintains forms used for internal control documentation.
Makes recommendations for the enhancement of certain internal controls.
Applies new technology-based solutions to specific internal control processes.
Studies and evaluates the audit trails of various operational processes.
Implements and enhances internal controls in multiple and diverse environments.
Designs and publishes forms used for internal control documentation.
Re-engineers business processes for the sake of improving internal controls.
Trains others in processes required for compliance with new internal controls.
Advises external auditors on the specifics of the organization's internal controls.
Establishes corrective actions for use in cases of financial irregularities or dishonesty.
Institutes new management strategies to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of controls.
Analyzes the changing nature of controls and increased need for risk-based control analysis.
Champions the need for changes in specific internal controls.
Designs changes to the organization's internal controls in order to conform to COSO standards.
Evaluates internal controls in light of new federal laws and emerging industry auditing practices.
Promotes industry-wide enhancements to internal controls.
- Tell me about internal controls or related projects you were involved in.
- How did you ensure that all members of your organization were following consistent standards to ensure internal controls compliance?
- How did you cooperate with auditors to help them understand the specifics of your organization's internal controls?
- How did you plan or prepare for upcoming changes to internal standards?
- What is your opinion on the future trends and directions of the organization's internal control implementation?