Data Entry Processor
Positions operate a data entry device to input forms, records, or other data into an electronic format. They perform quality control checks and resolve issues with data.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Compiles or coordinates the collection of data for input.
- Checks data from completed forms or other documents for accuracy and completeness and enters into database or online system.
- Compares inputted data with source documents, or re-enters data in verification format to detect errors.
- Reviews audit reports and resolves errors to ensure integrity of data.
- Distributes reports or other output materials.
- Identifies problems with database management policies and procedures and provides input into their revision.
- Provides assistance to users of information regarding data requirements and status of paperwork.
- May train students or OPS data entry employees.
- Sorts and files paperwork.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma or equivalent and six months of clerical or customer-service experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Business Math
- Business Statistics
- Core Application Systems
- Data Entry Management
- Data Gathering And Reporting
- Information Capture
- Internal Controls
- Office Support Tools
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.