Financial Process Documentation
Knowledge of appropriate techniques and ability to accurately and thoroughly document financial processes in accordance with established standards.
Distinguishes financial processes from other types of business processes.
Summarizes how financial process documentation differs from other types of documentation.
Identifies tools commonly used to document financial processes.
Attends training in financial process documentation techniques.
Participates in financial process documentation projects.
Uses workflow diagrams to document aspects of financial processes.
Documents controls in place to monitor and validate processes.
Modifies existing documentation to reflect changes in processes.
Researches all exceptions to standard processes.
Completes large-scale financial process documentation projects in diverse environments.
Works with senior management to ensure their understanding of documented financial processes.
Teaches others how to document financial processes to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
Responds to auditors' questions about information shown in financial process documents.
Evaluates accuracy of documented processes versus actual operations.
Resolves differences in financial processes across business units or locations.
Implements or enhances financial process documentation activities in multiple businesses.
Manages financial process documentation for the entire organization.
Assesses impact of emerging legislation on existing financial process documents.
Analyzes the cost-benefit of new tools that could be used for financial process documentation.
Establishes financial process documentation standards, guidelines, archival and retention policies.
Builds a valid business case for acquisition of new financial process documentation technology.
- How did you leverage new tools and technology to deliver financial process documentation?
- How did you check the documentation to ensure accuracy of the financial information?
- Tell me about financial process documentation projects you were involved in as a part of your previous position(s).
- What types of information did you report to senior management as a result of the financial process documentation?
- What are your thoughts on the impact of emerging legislation on existing financial process documents?