Provides senior level professional financial support. May serve as subject matter expert in a specialized area. Solves complex problems.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for managing one or more fiscal and accounting functions* and for formulating and recommending policies and procedures to effectively administer such programs.
- Formulates and recommends policies, procedures, and control systems.
- May serve as one of several senior accountants in a large and complex operation or provide fiscal management for a unit of medium size and complexity.
- Serves as a fiscal/accounting resource for unit leadership and interprets fiscal/accounting policies and regulations.
- Develops policies, procedures, and accounting systems for unit utilization.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, university, and sponsoring agency regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Compiles data for and prepares complex budgets.
- Prepares, reviews, and analyzes a variety of reports, accounts, reconciliations, schedules, tables or statements to and from internal departments, financial institutions, and external agencies.
- Serves as effort coordinator for assigned accounts to include audit and oversight of effort statements, commitments, salary caps, and processing deadlines.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of experience
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Problem Solving
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Financial And Accounting Systems
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Financial Record Keeping
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Business Math
- Managing Expenses And Finances
- Knowledge Of A Specific Financial Or Accounting System
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.