Application Programmer II
This position is responsible for development and maintenance of highly complex application programs.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for creating detailed specifications
- Responsible for devising or modifying procedures to solve complex problems
- Fluently uses professional tools for source-code management, issue tracking and testing
- Provides guidance and direction to other programmers
- Responsible for reviewing and inspecting the work of other programmers
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree and three years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Operational Functions
- Products And Services
- Planning: Tactical, Strategic
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Organizational Leadership
- Problem Solving
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Requirements Analysis
- Application Design, Architecture
- Packaged Application Integration
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.