Packaged Application Integration
Knowledge of and ability to integrate packaged applications across diverse systems, databases and technology platforms, to share business data and processes among connected application sources.
Explains the benefits and risks of purchasing packaged applications from vendors.
Describes the general activities and challenges of implementing packaged applications within one's own organization.
Identifies the major roles and responsibilities of integrating packaged applications for vendors, end-users and IT staff.
Cites examples of packaged applications that are in use.
Implements and integrates packaged applications purchased from vendors.
Participates in building, testing and refining interfaces and bridges in packaged application integration.
Summarizes major factors for successful packaged application integration.
Applies learned practices and procedures for data migration/exchange in packaged application integration.
Reconciles and adapts security features; adheres to company procedures in packaged application integration.
Oversees major issues, challenges, considerations and potential pitfalls in packaged application integration.
Designs and develops application, data or technology interfaces and bridges in packaged application integration.
Evaluates packaged software for overall architectural fit and ease of integration.
Consults with others on integrating applications with multiple technology platforms.
Advises on considerations of integration for media-enabled features and technologies.
Determines the impact vendor maintenance and release requirements will have on the organization.
Designs approaches and methodologies for effective implementation and integration of packaged applications.
Creates training courses on reconciling incompatibility in workflow between packaged software and current practices.
Develops integration strategies and delivers high-impact packaged applications.
Plays a leading role in defining system/application integration processes and practices.
Promotes best practices for effective integration of packaged software and applications.
Monitors vendor and industry experience in packaged applications integration; assesses this impact on the organization.
- What specific experiences in this area do you bring to this opportunity? How can your experience help us in our efforts?
- What problems did you encounter when you evaluated packaged software for architectural fit and ease of integration?
- Describe the practices and procedures you have applied for packaged application integration.
- How did you identify and evaluate vendors before purchasing their packaged applications?
- Describe applications integration processing methods and their features, including storing and forward messaging methods and request/response methods.