Application Programmer I
This position is responsible for development and maintenance of moderately complex application programs from detailed specifications.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Uses detailed specifications to create new application programs
- Responsible for testing, debugging, and documenting programs.
- Maintains existing applications by adding/modifying features as requested
- Uses professional tools for source-code management, issue tracking, and testing
- Consults with client to determine needs and requirements
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree and one year of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Operational Functions
- Products And Services
- Planning: Tactical, Strategic
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Organizational Leadership
- Problem Solving
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Requirements Analysis
- Application Design, Architecture
- Packaged Application Integration
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.