Application Developer Analyst IV
This is a senior professional level role that under high level direction, works closely with customers, business analysts and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design to develop quality technical solutions.
Examples of Work
Job Functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Provides expertise for the design and development of IT systems, within all levels of complexity
- May lead efforts to project completion and user satisfaction, related to support and/or projects.
- Leads definition of system scope and objectives based on user needs.
- Leads feasibility assessments, design options, development, testing, quality assurance, and documentation. Has solid understanding of business or function for application.
- Instructs, directs, and monitors work of other analysts and programming team members. Provides technical mentoring, coordinates and may assign work to less experienced staff.
- Manages software integration, external interface development and technical documentation.
- Provides estimates of the analysis and development effort based on requirements
- Recommends development of new code/data/reports or reuse/enhancement of existing code.
- Participates or leads in component and architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation.
- Ensures development of technical documentation (designs, specifications, processes)
- Stays abreast of IT industry best practices. Sets and establishes standards for the Organization, and champions the processes.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and eight years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Producing Results
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Packaged Application Integration
- Operational Functions
- Core Application Systems
- Problem Solving
- IT Standards, Procedures & Policies
- Application Delivery Process
- Requirements Analysis
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.