Position assists in planning, implementing, and administering activities within an assigned program area. Duties may be broad-based but should reflect support to an entire program or a component of a large program, rather than assistance to one or more individuals. This classification applies to programs that are not primarily related to academic, teaching, or research functions of the university.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Provides administrative and logistical support for program activities.
- Drafts contracts, budgets, and reports with direction from a manager or senior professional.
- Processes financial documents related to program activities, such as receipts, invoices, and expense reimbursements.
- May draft press releases, newsletters, ads, or other promotional materials.
- Assists in planning and implementation of program procedures, processes, services, and systems.
- Assists with events planning, set-up, and onsite coordination.
- May serve as a liaison with other programs, offices or external vendors to accomplish program objectives.
- Participates in program development or evaluation.
- Updates program databases and conducts queries for reports.
- May train and supervise student employees or lower-level program staff.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Desktop Tools
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Information Capture
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Meeting Management
- Operational Functions
- Oral Communications
- Problem Solving
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.