Knowledge of and ability to use office support tools available on the desktop (e.g., word processing, e-mail, presentation software and spreadsheets).
Identifies current office software environment and its component products.
Documents key features and facilities of office software available on local server.
Communicates the concepts and terminology of office-product applications.
Demonstrates use of hardcopy or online help and tutorial facilities.
Works with all basic office support products.
Reviews existing standards and procedures.
Examines the benefits and relative strengths of tools for a specific application.
Participates in some advanced functions of at least one product.
Performs first-level problem resolution tasks.
Demonstrates proficiency with using all basic office support software.
Explains advanced features and functions of all key products.
Determines which office products can interact and how to share data.
Diagnoses common software problems and works on the resolution.
Consults others on the use and interconnectivity of the tools.
Participates in evaluation of new office support tools.
Teaches others advanced functions and utilities for the organization's office software.
Helps others gain understanding of planned software and platform changes.
Promotes new products and industry directions; assesses implications to organization.
Provides leadership in determining future office products strategy and implementation.
Installs software components and develops and executes software test plans.
Designs industry and organization-specific measures of effectiveness for office support.
- How did you prepare for upgrades or changes to existing desktop tools in order to minimize the impact on the organization?
- What types of formal or informal training did your organization use to increase desktop tool proficiency among its employees?
- Tell me about the desktop tools you are familiar with and how you applied them in your previous job.
- How did you identify and respond to errors you encountered in the use of a desktop tool?
- What was your biggest achievement on desktop tools in your previous job?