Administrative Specialist I
Positions oversee the administrative activities of a small office, including establishing and assigning priorities, developing processes and procedures, initiating and authorizing human resources, fiscal, or other office activities.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Establishes priorities and deadlines, makes work assignments, and oversees office activities.
- May provide direct support to departmental or unit management, including making travel arrangements, coordinating calendars, and supporting meetings.
- Coordinates processing of financial and human resources documents and data, and approves transactions if authorized.
- Disseminates information to the unit and serves as a unit resource for databases, word processing, reporting, policies, and procedures.
- Serves as a unit contact and liaison to the public and other university departments; provides assistance, makes referrals when necessary, and solves a variety of problems independently.
- Receives and maintains confidential or sensitive information.
- Coordinates supplies, mail, equipment, security, or facilities.
- Prepares reports, presentations, event materials, articles, or handbooks.
- Maintains or monitors budgets; participates in pre- or post-award grant activities.
- Conducts research or analysis and makes recommendations to unit management.
- Arranges and coordinates events or conducts special administrative projects.
- Typically is responsible for hiring, training, and evaluating support staff.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Effective Communications
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Service Excellence
- Problem Solving
- Active Learning
- Desktop Tools
- Office Administration
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.