Knowledge of office administration activities; ability to carry out ongoing office administration tasks effectively and efficiently in support of local and remote teams.
Discusses office administration activities in general terms.
Describes roles and responsibilities of administration staff.
Identifies common administrative activities and tasks.
Lists record-keeping and confidentiality requirements.
Orders, stocks and distributes office supplies.
Operates and maintains standard office equipment such as copiers, faxes, phones.
Distributes internal and external correspondence to appropriate recipients.
Coordinates travel arrangements and expense reimbursements.
Arranges meetings, schedules rooms, equipment, refreshments, etc.
Performs all aspects of administrative support for a location or a department.
Manages current equipment service agreements and support services.
Processes and documents requirements for equipment or staff requisitions.
Develops and maintains physical and electronic filing systems.
Coordinates preparation and distribution of standard reports (e.g. status or activity).
Documents administrative process flow to and from other functions and departments.
Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of full spectrum of enterprise office administration activities.
Organizes and coordinates large meetings and conferences.
Discusses industry and marketplace trends and directions for office administration.
Participates in designing office administration function and workflow.
Contributes to office administration improvements and best practices.
Monitors effectiveness of support staff; recommends improvements.
- How did you prioritize administrative activities?
- Tell me about improvements or initiatives you introduced that were designed to improve the efficiency or effectiveness of the administrative function?
- How did you resolve conflicts when employees were dissatisfied with the allocation of resources or the budget?
- How did you ensure that administrative activities met the needs of clients/functions?
- What kind of problems have you met when you've organized or coordinated large meetings and conferences?