Positions primarily provide in-person, phone, and electronic reception for a unit or office.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Greets callers and visitors and handles their inquiries or refers them to appropriate staff.
- Schedules appointments or maintains and updates appointment calendars.
- Records and routes messages.
- Opens and distributes mail and prepares outgoing mail; receives or prepares packages for courier delivery.
- Operates various office equipment and computer systems.
- Posts and maintains information in public areas.
- May operate a multi-line telephone.
- May perform other general office duties, such as filing and data entry.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma or equivalent.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Active Learning
- Desktop Tools
- Effective Communications
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Knowledge Of Organization
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Office Administration
- Service Excellence
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.