Executive Assistant I
Positions provide complex administrative support of a confidential nature to an executive at the level of dean, assistant vice president, executive director, or above. Acting with minimal supervision, the position anticipates the executive’s needs, proactively solves problems, and/or independently handles issues.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Provides administrative assistance to the executive, including responsibilities such as managing calendars, composing correspondence, editing presentations, and handling travel arrangements.
- Serves as the executive’s liaison to various constituents through correspondence, phone, and in-person contact and occasionally may represent the executive at meetings.
- Coordinates a wide variety of projects, such as events, conferences, and meetings, and follows through with officials and individuals within and outside the university on behalf of the executive.
- Collects information, conducts research, and prepares materials for use in discussions/meetings of the executive, other staff, and outside individuals or for decision-making purposes.
- Interprets policies, procedures, rules and regulations, and provides input into development of new policies and processes.
- Maintains confidential information relating to the executive’s office.
- May supervise administrative staff.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and seven years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Meeting Management
- Office Administration
- Desktop Tools
- Project Management
- Effective Communications
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.