Assistant Manager, Postal Services
This position supports the operation of UF Mail and Document Services. This position assists in daily operations of all mail functions and acts as the Postal Manager in their absence.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Supervise TEAMS and OPS employees.
- Responsible for training on how to sort, track, and deliver campus mail.
- Schedule route assignments and cross-train employees to ensure complete coverage.
- Assign delivery vehicles, and ensure that maintenance schedules are met and vehicle logs are maintained.
- Input and reconcile postal account system.
- Verify daily postage used.
- Verify daily billing or postage due accounts with statements.
- Develop internal policies and procedures to ensure accuracy of postage usage and reporting procedures.
- Provide management with reports as needed.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma or equivalent and three years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does include supervisory responsibility.
- Postal Item Record Management
- Desktop Tools
- Office Administration
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Effective Communications
- Service Excellence
- Problem Solving
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.