Positions process, transfer and index images converted to electronic or digital format. They also may be responsible for related administrative tasks.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Receives, prepares, tracks, and returns materials that are submitted for imaging.
- Operates a variety of imaging tools for use in the transfer of images or text to digital/electronic files or archives.
- Reviews originals and scanned materials for quality control checks.
- Validates or performs corrections to images.
- Maintains, sets up, troubleshoots, and repairs imaging equipment, when necessary.
- Provides input into imaging and document management workflow.
- May perform indexing, optical character recognition, batch processing or other document management activities.
- Uploads digital images for dissemination or other use.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and six months of related clerical/customer service experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
- Service Excellence
- Core Application Systems
- Office Support Tools
- Information Capture
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Imaging Tools
- Document Management
- Library And Resource Center Management
- Office Administration
- General Computer Competencies
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.