Administrative Assistant II
The Administrative Assistant II serves as an adept professional, proficient in handling general to moderately complex administrative tasks. They act as a resource on unit issues, policies, and procedures, and are pivotal in supporting human resource functions, inventory maintenance, and fiscal transactions. Their role also encompasses the development and enhancement of unit systems and processes.
Examples of Work
- Respond to routine and moderately complex queries related to policies, procedures, and processes, ensuring unit-level compliance.
- Provide direct support to faculty or management staff or coordinate specific office support tasks.
- Organize travel arrangements, including reservations and reimbursements.
- Initiate, review, and input human resource documents and data.
- Draft reports and correspondence.
- Establish or maintain unit filing systems and workflows.
- Oversee office supply inventory and liaise with vendors. Address space, equipment, or facility concerns for the unit.
- Update or support website development efforts.
- Execute or authorize fiscal transactions, manage and revise budgets.
- Collate and structure data for grant proposals or reports.
- Undertake research or analysis and provide informed recommendations.
- Manage event planning or special administrative projects.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and four years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position operates predominantly independently and does not typically oversee other personnel.
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Effective Communications
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Desktop Tools
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Problem Solving
- Office Administration
- Service Excellence
- Active Learning
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.