Administrative Support Assistant II
Positions demonstrate proficiency in general and moderately complex administrative functions of a unit, including serving as a resource on issues, policies and procedures, supporting human resource functions, maintaining inventory or facilities, approving fiscal transactions, and contributing to the development of unit systems and processes.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responds to routine and moderately complex questions or issues regarding policies, procedures, and processes and ensures compliance at the unit level.
- May coordinate particular support activities within an office or provide direct support to faculty or management staff.
- Coordinates travel arrangements, makes reservations, and processes reimbursements.
- Prepares, reviews, and performs input of human resources documents and data.
- Drafts correspondence and reports.
- Creates or maintains unit filing systems or workflows.
- Maintains office supply inventory, interacts with vendors, or serves as unit contact for space, equipment or facility issues.
- Updates or assists in developing websites.
- Performs or approves fiscal transactions; monitors and maintains budgets and processes revisions.
- Collects and organizes information for grant proposals or reports.
- Conducts research or analysis and provides input or recommendations for problem resolution.
- Coordinates events or special administrative projects.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and four years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Effective Communications
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Desktop Tools
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Problem Solving
- Office Administration
- Service Excellence
- Active Learning
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.