Executive Assistant II
Provides advanced administrative support to a top executive who is a member of the University Cabinet. This role requires extensive knowledge of the executive’s department and the university’s operations, policies, and procedures. The position works autonomously, anticipating the executive’s needs, solving problems proactively, and independently handling significant issues on behalf of the executive.
Examples of Work
- Provides administrative assistance to the executive by managing a complex calendar, composing correspondence, developing presentations, and handling travel arrangements.
- Collects information, conducts research, and prepares materials for discussions/meetings for decision-making purposes.
- Serves as the executive’s liaison to various internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages complex projects, events, or programs and liaises with officials and individuals within and outside the university.
- Assists the executive in developing, evaluating, and implementing policies, goals, and objectives.
- Contributes to strategic planning and may work with financial staff on budgets or other complex financial analyses.
- May oversee and train administrative staff, delegate assignments, and supervise their work.
- rvises work.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This role may have supervisory responsibilities over other administrative staff.
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Meeting Management
- Office Administration
- Desktop Tools
- Project Management
- Effective Communications
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.