Provides professional-level support and services to students with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504 of the Vocational Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Conducts intake interviews with students with disabilities.
- Reviews and makes accommodation related decisions, and facilitates the implementation of academic accommodations.
- Serves as a resource for students, parents, families, and service agencies/providers regarding available campus and community resources.
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures for managing the personal care attendant program.
- Provide training to students with significant disabilities in managing personal care needs.
- Provides general referral information about campus and community resources to students, faculty members, and staff members.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Student Counseling
- Educational Psychology
- Emotional Intelligence
- Relationship Management
- Effective Communications
- Communicating Complex Concepts
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Effective Presentations
- Desktop Tools
- Academic Counseling
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.