Supplier Relationship Manager
Responsible for ensuring the University receives best value from contract providers by working with UF stakeholders under the direction and guidance of Purchasing Services Management, in accordance with University, State and applicable Federal laws, regulation and policy and subject to review by the office of the General Counsel.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Monitor contractor performance, including the reporting and status of contract deliverables, make recommendations for improvements.
- Communicates with contractors/vendors/suppliers to ensure defined requirements, goals and targets are met and to improve service and quality.
- Develops documentation of contract manual and contract policies and procedures. Develops and conducts training on contract administration for internal customers.
- Facilitate customer relations and partnership relationships within UF and contractors/vendors/suppliers to achieve UF/department goals.
- Oversees the contract database and associated files, using the database to assist tracking contract deliverables, renewal and re-solicitation of contracts.
- Keeps current with Federal, State, and University procurement rules and regulations.
- Reviews/drafts contracts, amendments and notifications in preparation for legal sufficiency review and amend as appropriate to protect the University from liability and risk.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and five years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Contracts Review
- Contracts Management & Administration
- Procurement Function
- Desktop Tools
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Presentation Software
- Effective Communications
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.