Knowledge of and ability to use tools, processes and practices for purchasing goods and services via electronic links to suppliers and partners.
Summarizes the concepts of business-to-business commerce.
Describes basic terminology and concepts of e-procurement.
Identifies types of goods and services currently purchased electronically.
Utilizes tools and techniques for e-procurement.
Works with executing and monitoring electronic purchase orders.
Documents the e-procurement approval process.
Solves common problems and issues with real-time ordering, shipping, and invoicing.
Obtains the type of information that needs to be exchanged between trading partners.
Supports key functions and features of an electronic procurement application.
Manages electronic procurement of goods and services for the full supply chain.
Teaches how to implement a dynamic bidding process and create events for e-procurement.
Consults on issues and considerations for collaborative procurement and integrating suppliers.
Monitors inventory levels for the organization.
Evaluates costs and benefits of traditional versus electronic procurement.
Designs organizational processes, platforms, and operational considerations of e-procurement.
Advocates the development of new technologies and tools for electronic procurement systems.
Creates a marketplace monitoring system for e-procurement services, benchmarks, and innovations.
Develops organizational best practices for electronic procurement.
Designs a system to improve communication among sales, inventory, and other related departments.
Establishes current and evolving standards for global business-to-business commerce.
Predicts the evolution and upcoming trends in electronic procurement.
- How did you identify potential online vendors? How did you research their products or services without direct interpersonal interaction?
- How did you select e-procurement vendors in a retail environment?
- Tell me about your experience with e-buying or e-procurement in a retail environment.
- How did you reduce the costs for implementing an e-procurement system?
- When using an e-purchasing strategy, how did you overcome the lack of face-to-face contact to establish relationships with vendors?