This position is responsible for acquisition and supply management of a department or college. Performs administrative and clerical support for the acquisition of goods and services.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for managing the purchasing of commodities by processing purchase orders and auditing invoices.
- Confers with college or department personnel to determine their needs and budgetary requirements to purchase materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Confers with and makes recommendations to college or department personnel regarding needs for commodities in terms of quality of product, quantity of order, and type of equipment.
- In collaboration with UF Procurement, prepares bid specifications, legal advertisements, formal bid invitations, and correspondence regarding purchasing companies
- Review, prepare, and approve transactions within established dollar limits and guidelines.
- Interprets, explains and applies complex policies and procedures.
- Researches, identifies, evaluates, supports, and resolves discrepancies.
- Advises and provides assistance to faculty, staff, administrators, and outside venders and agencies.
- May be responsible for maintaining databases and records.
- Assists with administration of departmental and project activities.
- May provide recommendations that have a significant impact on a unit or the University.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and three years of appropriate experience; or a high school diploma and seven years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Business Math
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Problem Solving
- Effective Communications
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Procurement Function
- Knowledge Of A Specific Procurement System
- Purchasing Tasks And Activities
- Contracts Review
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.