Positions perform general and complex receiving and disbursement tasks or oversee other warehouse/stores staff.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Coordinates physical inventories of supplies, equipment, or stock.
- Communicates with vendors or common carriers concerning orders or shipments.
- Develops inventory controls, policies, and procedures.
- Evaluates new products, obtains pricing, and negotiates delivery schedules.
- Oversees inspection of items, sorts and verifies items against orders, and completes receipt documentation.
- Monitors supply or material conditions, utilizes temperature gauges or other monitoring devices, maintains records or reports data.
- Works with quality control staff on label inspection and reporting and documentation of quality issues.
- Maintains purchasing/ordering system.
- Ensures compliance with policies, procedures, regulations, and safety standards.
- Oversees effective space utilization.
- Tracks order status, prepares invoices, and responds to customer inquiries.
- Coordinates maintenance and repair activities.
- Coordinates mail or package processing and delivery.
- Handles or oversees disposition of potentially hazardous or infectious materials.
- Operates vehicles or other equipment in order to accomplish daily responsibilities.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
Some positions may require appropriate driver license or forklift license.
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Procurement Function
- Purchasing Tasks And Activities
- Knowledge Of A Specific Procurement System
- Effective Communications
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Data Entry Management
- Customer Interaction
- Problem Management Process
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.