Knowledge of and ability to utilize practices, tools, and techniques for communicating with a customer.
Supports the organization through the value of successful interactions with clients.
Identifies different types of and environments for customer interactions.
Describes common types of customer behaviors.
Cites examples of good and poor customer interactions.
Provides first line of customer support.
Uses basic support tools for managing customer interactions.
Diagnoses circumstances and behaviors that generate customer confrontation.
Obtains information and addresses questions that can facilitate movement from problem to resolution stage.
Performs the correct practices and procedures for customer interaction.
Provides customer support on difficult problems.
Implements tactics to de-escalate problem situations immediately.
Teaches techniques for transitioning from problem solving to sales opportunities.
Analyzes the characteristics of threats and selects the proper plan of action for handling them.
Evaluates techniques for face-to-face, telephone and web-based interactions.
Advises on methods for identifying leads and procedures for turning them over.
Consults on the full spectrum of customers and customer service options.
Promotes best customer interaction practices across geographies and cultures.
Builds a model for matching customer needs with appropriate types of interactions.
Leads in evaluation and selection of automated self-service tools for customer interaction.
Leads discussions on the costs and benefits of alternative tools for customer interaction.
Designs strategies and policies governing customer interactions.
- Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer or resolve a problem situation. How did you handle this? What was the outcome? What would you have "done differently?"
- How did your organization establish who would have customer contact? How were these team organized?
- What techniques have you used for customer interaction? Which do you prefer and why? Which method have you had the most problems with?
- Provide examples of scenarios in which the following interaction techniques are appropriate and explain why: face-to-face, telephone, e-mail, web-based chat.
- How do you correctly identify the type of customer behaviors in order to respond accordingly?