Positions receive, disburse, and maintain supplies, equipment, stock, or other items.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Receives and unloads supplies, equipment or material shipments.
- Inspects condition of items, sorts and verifies items against orders, and completes receipt documentation.
- Maintains and organizes inventory and stocking supplies in warehouse or store.
- Pulls items from inventory, packs orders, and prepares shipment.
- Assists in inventory counts.
- Assembles or repairs items as necessary.
- Enters customer orders, prints invoices, and assists in responding to customer inquiries.
- Cleans and maintains physical condition of warehouse or store.
- Operates vehicles or other equipment in order to accomplish daily responsibilities.
- Serves as a courier for mail or package delivery.
- Maintains logs and other records.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of relevant experience. Appropriate course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
Some positions may require appropriate driver license or forklift license.
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
- Procurement Function
- Purchasing Tasks And Activities
- Knowledge Of A Specific Procurement System
- Effective Communications
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Data Entry Management
- Customer Interaction
- Problem Management Process
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.