Procurement Agent II
This position is responsible for purchasing specialized commodities and services for a department, college, or University office.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Purchases a variety of highly technical and/or scientific equipment and materials.
- Confers with and makes recommendations to university officials regarding needs for commodities in terms of quality of product, quantity of order, and type of equipment.
- Determines methods of purchase.
- Interviews prospective vendors and encourages vendors to submit vendor applications.
- Confers with technical representatives, manufacturers’ representatives, and sales representatives.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and three years of appropriate experience; or a high school diploma and seven years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
May serve as a lead or supervise others.
- Knowledge Of A Specific Procurement System
- Purchasing Tasks And Activities
- Procurement Function
- Business Math
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Problem Solving
- Effective Communications
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.