This position is responsible for assisting in the acquisition and supply management processes of a department or college. Performs administrative and clerical support for the acquisition of goods and services.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assists in the purchasing of commodities by processing purchase orders and auditing invoices.
- Review, prepare, and approve transactions within established dollar limits and guidelines.
- Researches and resolves discrepancies.
- Serves as a liaison between the University Procurement Office and department or college personnel.
- May be responsible for maintaining databases and records.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of appropriate experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
- Knowledge Of A Specific Procurement System
- Purchasing Tasks And Activities
- Procurement Function
- Postal Item Record Management
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Problem Solving
- Operational Functions
- Flexibility And Adaptability
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.