This position is responsible for assisting in the procurement of commodities and services for a department, college, or University office.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assists in the procurement of commodities by processing procurement orders and auditing invoices.
- Review, prepare, and approve transactions within established dollar limits and guidelines.
- Researches and resolves discrepancies.
- Serves as a liaison between the University Procurement Office and department or college personnel.
- May be responsible for maintaining databases and records.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
- Knowledge Of A Specific Procurement System
- Purchasing Tasks And Activities
- Procurement Function
- Postal Item Record Management
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Problem Solving
- Operational Functions
- Flexibility And Adaptability
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.