Procurement Agent III
This position is responsible for advanced level purchasing duties and/or team leadership related to procurement of specialized commodities and services for a department, college, or University office.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assists in identification of, and works on, purchases exceeding UF bid/solicitation limits.
- Determines appropriate acquisition methods.
- Analyze requisitions, checks for compliance statutes, regulations, directives, and policies.
- Maintains expertise in assigned commodity/service assigned, product cost trends, market conditions, and procurement techniques.
- Purchases a variety of highly technical and/or scientific equipment and materials.
- Confers with and makes recommendations to university officials regarding needs for commodities in terms of quality of product, quantity of order, and type of equipment.
- Determines methods of purchase.
- Interviews prospective vendors and encourages vendors to submit vendor applications.
- Confers with technical representatives, manufacturers’ representatives, and sales representatives.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and five years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Knowledge Of A Specific Procurement System
- Contracts Management & Administration
- Purchasing Tasks And Activities
- Procurement Function
- Buying And Procurement Tasks And Activities
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Relationship Management
- Problem Solving
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.