Postal Associate II
This position performs a variety of tasks in a post office and supports the daily operations of the UF Mail and Document Services delivery/pick up operation.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Directly supervises the mail delivery process and insures the daily coverage of all mail routes.
- Insures timely deliveries of accountable mail.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve and streamline the delivery process.
- Provides feedback of route inefficiencies, department relocations or additions, including personnel changes, and traffic considerations.
- Receive, sort and deliver by motor vehicle, mail to the departments and residence halls on the University of Florida Campus
- Weigh letters and parcels, compute mailing costs based on type, weight, and destination, and affix correct postage.
- Performs daily count of incoming mail for benchmarking purposes, including letters, packages and internal campus mail.
- Obtain signatures from recipients of registered or special delivery mail.
- Register, certify, and insure letters and parcels.
- Performs duties related to the daily operation of the mail room, such as running postage meter machines, operating a PC to update address files, calculating postage for courier mail, and preparing reports of postage charges to UF departments for courier mail.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma and two years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Knowledge Of Organization
- Service Excellence
- Effective Communications
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Relationship Management
- Postal Item Record Management
- Desktop Tools
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.