Research Coordinator II
Coordinates research activities in a college, department or center under minimal supervision. Responsibilities encompass more complex studies, such as multi-center coordination.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Ensures the safety of research and laboratory.
- Coordinates protocol related research procedures and study.
- Complies with institutional policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and guidelines.
- Must comply with federal, state, and sponsor policies.
- Acts as liaison for research sponsors and research participants.
- Assists with study finances including sponsor invoicing & resolving study subject billing.
- Completes case report forms (paper & electronic data capture) and address queries.
- Coordinates research/project team meetings.
- Retains records/archives documents after project close-out.
- Responsible for coordinating activities administered by the research program or service area and in the development and implementation of procedures for the program/service area.
- Responsible for assisting in the interpretation and implementation of policies and procedures as they apply to assigned areas of responsibility. May recommend changes on policy/procedures as necessary.
- Coordinates special studies or projects as directed.
- May serve as liaison between the program/service office and outside agencies and the general public.
- Performs related duties as required or deemed appropriate to the accomplishment of the responsibilities and functions of his/her area.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Office Support Tools
- Effective Communications
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Active Learning
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Decision Making And Critical Thinking
- Spreadsheet Software
- Operational Functions
- Research And Development Function
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.