Knowledge of and ability to use spreadsheet software to collect, organize and analyze various kinds of data.
Identifies key functions and features of organization's spreadsheet software.
Performs routine tasks with spreadsheets such as enter, select, change, delete, move and copy data.
Documents the purpose and use of all major worksheet components.
Utilizes the help facility for solving problems and learning new features.
Creates, names and stores spreadsheets in accordance with procedures and conventions.
Performs basic editing: enter, select, change, delete, move and copy data.
Uses cell formatting features like font, data type, borders and alignment.
Employs simple and conditional formulas to perform functions such as if, sum, count or average.
Practices concept of relative and absolute addressing and address translation.
Explains the wide range of advanced features available in the spreadsheet software.
Evaluates software benefits, drawbacks, strengths and weaknesses from a business perspective.
Uses functions such as lookup, index and transpose.
Teaches others how to customize their workbooks to better meet their needs.
Accomplishes data sharing by using external references, linking and importing.
Compares and contrasts functionality among different releases and competitive products.
Analyzes full range of uses and capabilities of alternative spreadsheet packages.
Develops a variety of financial, statistical or analytical spreadsheets.
Advises others on uses of scenarios, macros and other automation functions.
Leads the design of formats and procedures for use of spreadsheet software.
Predicts marketplace trends and directions for spreadsheet software.
Troubleshoots, teaches and supports others with in-depth knowledge and insight.
- Tell me about the most complex report or tool you built using a spreadsheet.
- Tell me about a time you helped someone customize a spreadsheet or workbook to meet a specific need.
- What steps did you take when teaching yourself a new spreadsheet function or formula?
- What techniques did you use for sharing spreadsheet data (i.e. external references, linking, importing etc.)?
- What were some common challenges your organization faced when using spreadsheets? How were these resolved?