Research Coordinator III
Independently coordinates research activities in a college, department or center under minimal supervision. Functions independently in a research setting and is responsible for the complete coordination of assigned research activities. Performs all Research Coordinator I and II responsibilities as well as additional responsibilities listed below.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Supports a PI sponsored research project.
- Monitors or audits studies.
- Facilitates and/or runs research/project team meetings.
- Prepares study budget.
- May serve as a liaison for billing for research subjects.
- Educates and mentors research staff, students, OPS, or other research team and/or other coordinators.
- May have supervisory responsibilities.
- May coordinate multi-project studies.
- Assesses protocol feasibility.
- Prepares, negotiates, and manages study contract.
- Develops and analyzes research activities for volunteer participants and makes changes in methods and procedures as necessary.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and three years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Effective Communications
- Decision Making And Critical Thinking
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Office Support Tools
- Active Learning
- Self-Directed Growth And Development
- Spreadsheet Software
- Operational Functions
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.