Research Coordinator I
Coordinates research activities in a college, department or center under moderate supervision.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Ensures the safety of research and laboratory.
- Coordinates protocol related research procedures and study.
- Complies with Institutional policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and guidelines.
- Must comply with federal, state, and sponsor policies.
- Acts as liaison for research sponsors and research participants.
- Assists with study finances including sponsor invoicing and resolving study subject billing.
- Completes case report forms (paper & electronic data capture) and address queries.
- Coordinates research/project team meetings.
- Retains records/archive documents after project close-out.
- Responsible for coordinating activities administered by the research program or service area and in the development and implementation of procedures for the program/service area.
- Responsible for assisting in the interpretation and implementation of policies and procedures as they apply to assigned areas of responsibility. May recommend changes on policy/procedures as necessary.
- Coordinates special studies or projects as directed.
- May serve as liaison between the program/service office and outside agencies and the general public.
- Performs related duties as required or deemed appropriate to the accomplishment of the responsibilities and functions of his/her area.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Office Support Tools
- Effective Communications
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Active Learning
- Self-Directed Growth And Development
- Decision Making And Critical Thinking
- Web-Based Research
- Spreadsheet Software
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.