Coordinator, University Housing Operations
Assists the Director or other appropriate administrator in the management of one or more aspects of a university housing and residence life unit and/or function. This position is generally responsible for the management of a segment of a housing and residence life programs or functions. Formulates and recommends the effectiveness of and direction for functional policies of programs or functions. The primary duty is the coordination of an operational functional area and supervising support staff and student staff. This position reports to a Director or other appropriate administrator.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Advises and assists in planning, coordinating, and reporting the activities of programs and operations administered by the university housing area, and assists in developing and implementing procedures for university housing’s administrative operations and programs.
- Assists department administrators in resolving administrative and operational housing problems.
- Establishes performance goals and measures to evaluate success of assigned area of responsibility.
- Participates in recommending, interpreting, and implementing policies and procedures.
- Recommends new and improved programs to effectively manage housing administrative operations.
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of assigned area including the supervision of departmental employees. Provides guidance and direction to staff involved in department services, operations, and programs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all programs, activities, and services comply with university, state, and federal regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining an inclusive working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director or other appropriate administrator.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does include supervisory responsibility.
- Operational Functions
- Service Excellence
- Risk Management
- Planning: Tactical, Strategic
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Premises Operation And Maintenance
- Problem Solving
- Effective Communications
- Interpersonal Relationships
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.