Admissions Officer III
In addition to responsibilities of the Admissions Officer II, perform daily administrative duties in area of responsibility. Oversee and coordinate all day to day operational aspects of the functional area. Resolve complex problems.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Oversees and coordinates all day to day operational aspects of the functional area
- Determines student applicants’ admissibility to the university.
- Resolves complex problems.
- Travels within and out of state for recruitment activities such as conducting information sessions at high schools, community colleges, college fairs within the state and on campus.
- May be located in a regional office with responsibility for managing recruitment activities for the region.
- Reviews documentation of undergraduate, graduate, and/or transfer students to ensure completeness of applications.
- Monitors progress of applicants.
- Coordinates processing, mailings, and other related documentation.
- Interacts with prospective students, parents, counselors, and academic units.
- Supports recruitment activities.
- Assists with the application review process.
- May supervise staff, student assistants or OPS.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Information Capture
- Effective Communications
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Operational Functions
- Project Administration
- Student Admissions
- Student Orientation
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.