Knowledge of and the ability to provide new incoming students with a welcoming environment and to help familiarize them with school facilities, policies and services.
Identifies the content and importance of student orientation activities.
Cites processes and procedures for the delivery of a student orientation program.
Defines resources and materials needed for a student orientation program.
Describes various methods for delivering a university orientation program.
Introduces university facilities, services and resources to newly registered students.
Provides students with detailed information on course enrollment and registration.
Provides counseling for students to reduce their concerns about school life and studies.
Explains university policies and standards to students, e.g. completion of degree requirements.
Helps students acclimate to life at university through various methods.
Coordinates the implementation of a university's orientation program.
Modifies orientation materials and other resources to meet students' needs.
Coaches others on effective consultation skills and services to achieve orientation goals.
Evaluates the quality of an existing orientation program based on students' feedback.
Foresees obstacles, barriers or gaps that would impact the effectiveness of orientation activities.
Recommends strategies and advanced plans for student orientation programs.
Designs best practices to enhance the effectiveness of student orientation programs.
Advocates the mission, vision and values of orientation programs throughout the university.
Elaborates on the use of management systems for student orientation programs.
Leads in establishing policies, criteria and expectations for a university orientation program.
Constructs scheduling standards that directly impact orientation delivery capabilities.
Predicts the future perspective and direction of university orientation programs.
- Tell me about your experience in organizing student orientation activities in your previous job(s).
- What kinds of problems did you encounter when conducting orientation activities for students in your previous job?
- How did you improve student satisfaction with the university's orientation programs?
- How did you effectively coach students on course enrollment and registration?
- What communication skills did you use when providing counseling to students during the orientation period?