Student Financial Aid Supervisor
Supervise and manage the daily operations in an operational or functional area of the office; hire, train, evaluate and supervise Student Financial Aid staff. Under general supervision administer scholarship and financial aid programs for students including records management.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Supervise and manage the daily operations in an operational or functional area of the office.
- Under general supervision administer scholarship and financial aid programs for students including records management.
- Reviews financial aid applications for compliance with eligibility requirements; process various student financial aid awards such as scholarships, loans, grants.
- Interacts with students, campus offices, and other external agencies.
- Maintains a basic familiarity with federal, state and university regulations regarding award and disbursement of financial aid.
- May supervise student assistants and OPS.
- Assists with data entry and preparation of documents for the student financial aid system.
- Assists with processing financial aid applications.
- Provides assistance to students and parents over the phone or in person.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma or equivalent and six years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does include supervisory responsibility.
- Student Admissions
- Student Counseling
- Student Registration
- Financial Aid Programs And Policies
- Student Orientation
- Effective Communications
- Problem Solving
- Finance And Accounting
- Interpersonal Relationships
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.