Financial Aid Programs And Policies
Knowledge of and the ability to develop and implement financial aid programs and policies to attract outstanding students and help them finance their course of study.
Lists types of major financial aid for undergraduate and post-graduate students.
Identifies current institutional policies related to financial aid.
Explains the application procedures for each type of financial aid program.
Describes the laws and regulations related to financial aid in federal, state, or commercial loans.
Manages financial aid programs and related issues according to current financial aid policies.
Communicates information on financial aid programs and policies to students and related staff.
Analyzes current problems and needs related to financial aid application procedures.
Helps new, continuing and re-entering students with financial aid application processes.
Participates in new student recruitment events and orientation training to instruct on financial aid programs, policies and application procedures.
Develops student financial support programs using funds from external sponsors and organizations.
Coordinates with related departments about financial aid programs.
Addresses all student inquiries directly related to student financial plans.
Maximizes financial support to best meet students and their families’ needs.
Monitors financial aid accounts to ensure correct funding and balances.
Negotiates payment plans, financial aid awards, and loan applications with the university, faculty, banks, and other related parties.
Establishes policies and procedures for the equitable determination and distribution of resources.
Designs financial aid application procedures, including each type of application form.
Oversees the work or training of financial aid office staff and related coordinators.
Represents the university, as appropriate, in its relationship with the community, government, and professional societies.
Develops, negotiates and finalizes student financial plans.
Creates financial aid application and award reports, marketing and trend analysis.
- What kinds of enterprises offer funding to excellent students?
- Have you ever been involved in the design of financial aid application forms? What kind of content should be included?
- What results did you see after implementing an online financial aid application system? For example, did the number of applicants increase and, if so, by what percent?
- What are the requirements and limitations on students when applying for a commercial student loan?
- What kinds of problems do students and their families frequently have regarding financial aid?