Student Financial Aid Coordinator III
Oversee and supervise daily activities of one or more functional area of operation within the Office of Student Financial Aid. Hire, train, evaluate and supervise Student Financial Aid staff. Perform responsibilities of Student Financial Aid Coordinator II.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Oversee and supervise daily activities of one or more functional area of operation within the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Hires, trains, evaluates and supervises Student Financial Aid staff
- Reads and interprets federal, state and university regulations regarding financial aid awards and disbursements.
- Independently evaluates students’ financial aid applications and exercises professional judgment in making awarding decisions.
- May advise students and parents regarding the financial aid process, providing information on available programs, procedures, and eligibility, processing program related documents and monitoring compliance to program regulations as they relate to a specific program area.
- May provide information to students and parents at preview and other special programs for prospective and current students.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Active Learning
- Problem Solving
- Effective Communications
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Financial Aid Programs And Policies
- Student Counseling
- Student Registration
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.