Academic Program Specialist I
This position works under the direction of a faculty member or other management position to implement the vision and strategy of one or more assigned academic programs.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Participates in the design and development of academic programs by implementing, administering, and evaluating program policies and procedures in order to achieve program objectives. Has the authority to formulate, interpret, and implement program policies.
- Provides information and advice to current and prospective students, parents, faculty, and others in areas such as academic programs, admissions, financial aid, and career planning.
- Oversees the processing of applications and records for a variety of programs including admissions and financial aid. Makes independent decisions regarding applications following prescribed guidelines.
- Writes and edits content for program proposals, research grants, publications, and other program activities.
- Conducts research in order to assess program performance and progress toward program objectives in order to make programmatic recommendations to ensure attainment of program deliverables.
- May assist in the development of curriculum and assist in the teaching and administration of program courses as needed.
- Monitors program expenses, budgets, and finances.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Effective Communications
- Academic Support System Administration
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Decision Making And Critical Thinking
- Process Management
- Academic Counseling
- Student Orientation
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.