Computer Operator III
This position is responsible for medium-complexity system support.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for supporting systems on multiple platforms.
- Monitors and controls the status and operations of computing and networking systems.
- Operates and monitors console systems and peripheral equipment.
- Responsible for making changes to operational parameters.
- Monitors the status and operations of data center infrastructure.
- Oversees shift staff to ensure adequate staffing and performance.
- Acts as primary contact for customer inquiries.
- Responsible for all incident reporting during his/her shift.
Education and Experience
An associate’s degree or a high school diploma and five years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does include supervisory responsibility.
- Computer Operations
- Operational Functions
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making And Critical Thinking
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Oral Communications
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.